- Nov 03 - 04 2020
- 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
WinterHack 2020: Global Design Thinking Ideathon [Nov 3-5]
Our gift to you in these challenging times: Open and Free for Insurers, Reinsurers, Brokers, Insurance-Related Startups and Vendors, and Students.
Click here to register!
Cookhouse Labs is proud to present WinterHack 2020: Global Design Thinking Ideathon, in collaboration with InsurLab Germany and msg. Join some of the world’s best insurance organizations, startups, and student innovators for 48 hours of exciting insurance innovation, ideation, and competition around the theme “Digital Ecosystems”!
Why should I join?
- Re/insurers and Brokers: This is your chance to connect with your internal teams and global talent to put your agility and creativity to work while creating real business solutions to digitize insurance
- Startups and Vendors: Take this opportunity to network and work alongside insurance organizations looking for fresh ideas and new business connections
- Students: Show current and future business leaders why you should be their #1 pick for a career in InsurTech!
- 2 day virtual global event + 3 hour final pitch
- Facilitated hackathon following Design Thinking methodology in breakout sessions
- Hackathon period: Tuesday, November 3rd and Wednesday, November 4th, 2020
- The 2-day hackathon period will be held in 3 different time zones — Eastern Daylight Time, Central European Time, and Singapore Time — from 9 AM to 6 PM
- Final Pitch Event: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 at 9 AM EDT
How does it work?
- During the matching process, Re/insurance organizations can invite startups, vendors, and student innovators to join their corporate teams to provide ideas, expertise, and skills, such as UX/UI Design
- Guided hackathon — our innovation experts will provide the right guidance on methodologies and tools to achieve best results following the Design Thinking Methodology
- We will provide prep material, including Design Thinking Masterclasses and a guide on how to structure your time according to the stages defined in the methodology
- 4 different challenges related to the theme “Digital Ecosystems”, covering commercial and personal lines, health/life, and P&C insurance
- Challenge statements will be released during the kickoff event
- Event language is English, including facilitation, support, and final pitch (including submission documentation)
- Teams can work in their preferred language
How do I join?
- Click here to access the official event platform!
This Hackathon is the perfect platform to connect with experienced innovators, both local and international. As you show your skills and impress our judges with your team’s extraordinary results, don’t forget to network and have fun!