- May 04 - 08 2020
- 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
5x Afternoon Innovation Sprint: The urgent need to attract and retain young talent
Our gift to you in these challenging times: Open and Free for Insurers, Reinsurers, Brokers, Insurance-Related Startups, and Academia.
The urgent need to attract and retain Young Talent
The insurance industry, like the rest of the world, is facing an increasing disruption and a rapid change of traditional business models and furthermore, is approaching a generational evolution. In Canada alone, almost 300,000 Canadians work in the industry, growing about 2.5% annually over the past 10 years. Today, the so called “baby boomers” have initiated their departure from the workplace to retirement. If the industry wants to maintain to thrive and provide a valuable service to society, it needs to attract and retain new talent to successfully continue their transformation from manual to digital. Now it’s time for the “Millennials” to overtake the workforce. However – no surprise – Millennials are not really interested in a career in insurance… so how do we make insurance more attractive to this generation?
It’s no secret, recruiting talent for the insurance industry has always been a challenge but with the negative perception that Millennials have of the industry, recruiting has become an even larger obstacle. At Cookhouse Labs we have spent some time on various projects to get a better understanding of Millennials and how we can attract them to insurance products and services. Now it is time to get together and collaboratively find ways to attract and retain young talent from this demographic segment to become part of our professional workforce.
In this three-day sprint at Cookhouse Labs in Toronto we will collaborate and run through a series of design thinking exercises to understand why Millennials have such a negative perception of the insurance industry and what we as an industry have to start doing to become appealing to young talent. The core question is: “How might we as an industry attract and retain young talent?” Some of the questions we are looking into are:
- How do millennials perceive the insurance industry?
- How are millennials perceived by baby boomers in the insurance industry?
- How can the insurance industry embrace millennial workers and provide exciting career opportunities?
- How can we bridge the gap between these two generations?
Apply and Become an Innovator!
Apply for this project by submitting this form. Non-members will be contacted with additional options to join on an annual or monthly basis. Learn more about our Membership Options here.
Toronto, ON, Canada
- Each innovation project will begin by establishing a Lean Startup mindset, followed by the phases of Design Thinking as supported by a variety tools
- The ultimate goal of this 5-day sprint is to analyze the problem, generate ideas and create solutions
- The project team will consist of members from different (insurance) organizations
- Sprint: 5 days
- (Part 1) Mon – May 04 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- (Part 2) Tue – May 05 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- (Part 3) Wed – May 06 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- (Part 4) Thu – May 07 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- (Part 5) Fri – May 08 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Apply now limited seats available!
- Marketing & Sales