- Apr 21 - 24 2020
- 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
4x Afternoon Sprint: Innovating to Save Community Business During COVID-19
Our gift to you in these challenging times: Open and Free for Insurers, Reinsurers, Brokers, Insurance-Related Startups, and Academia.
Most of the time when we use ‘WE’, not everyone is included. When we say ‘we are NBA champions’ it is actually only a small team, or when the politicians say ‘we have to do something’ then they mean a specific group. This time ‘we’ means really ‘WE’. It means literally all of us – all humans facing the impact of a global pandemic.
A pandemic’ the way we are experiencing it right now’ has not been foreseen in our modern world and as such, a lot of businesses are hit very hard, especially the small ones. Most of the small businesses have been forced to close their doors and lay off employees, and the majority are facing an uncertain cash flow. All non-essential businesses, such as hair dressers or landscaping services, have been shut down. And with the majority of people working from home right now there is very limited demand anyways for services such as cleaners or dog walkers.
The government has introduced support programs for businesses in order to limit the financial impact. However, the very small and family businesses are still struggling to maintain a cash flow that allows them to pay all their expenses.
Insurance was born out of the idea of providing social benefits, covering the risks of a financial loss of an individual or a business. And in times when small business are suffering because of a man-made pandemic that was not foreseen, we believe the insurance industry has a social responsibility to support the community, especially the small businesses, the coffee shops, hair salons, gardeners, or dog walkers, just to name a few.
For this reason we ask every INSURANCE EXPERT to join our virtual 4-Afternoon co-creation Sprint using Design Thinking and Lean Startup to define and create ideas on how to help small business in these days, and fight against the impact of this pandemic.
Some of the questions we are looking into are:
- What impact does the pandemic have on small businesses?
- How can we help small businesses in our community to maintain a solid cash flow?
- What resources, such as skills, tools etc., do we have available to help small business on short notice?
- Free of charge
- Participation for non-members is limited to 2 seats
- Each innovation project will begin by establishing a Lean Startup mindset, followed by the phases of Design Thinking as supported by a variety of tools
- The ultimate goal of this Sprint is to analyze the problem, generate ideas, and create solutions
- The project team will consist of members from different (insurance) organizations
- Sprint: 4 days
- (Part 1) Tue – Apr 21 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- (Part 2) Wed – Apr 22 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- (Part 3) Thu – Apr 23 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- (Part 4) Fri -Apr 24 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Apply by: April 10, 2020
- Marketing & Sales