- Jun 11 2020
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sprint Phase II: Innovating to Save Community Business During COVID-19
Our gift to you in these challenging times: Open and Free for Insurers, Reinsurers, Brokers, Insurance-Related Startups, and Academia.
In April 2020, Cookhouse Labs invited insurance organizations from across the Americas to come together virtually for a 4-Afternoon Sprint. Our innovators collaborated to solve a shared challenge: How might the insurance industry encourage and guide small business owners during the COVID-19 pandemic with access to expert knowledge and community support to give them peace of mind?
Why did we do this? Because we are an industry that was developed out of the idea of community, dedicated to protecting the community from catastrophic losses. Today, we collectively face a situation where the community is being hit very hard by the pandemic.
The team came up with over 70 ideas and thoughtfully selected one idea that stood out of the pool, which they then tested during the Sprint with small business owners. The solution they developed was to host a Virtual Summit for Small Business Outreach as an insurance industry, with selected expert speakers sharing latest updates and insights into various topics, such as Finances, Wellness, Insurance, Tax, Employment law, and so on. Read the project recap of Phase 1 here, and view an infographic of the project here.
We would like to invite the community to join the project team to design and develop the framework for a Community Outreach Summit for Small Businesses. This Sprint will be facilitated and lead by Cookhouse Labs’ innovation team.
- Create a roadmap for a virtual summit
- Define key topics and test them with small businesses
- Draft an event agenda
- Co-innovate with other industry peers
- Develop a blueprint and action plan for the virtual summit
What’s in it for you?
- Show your support for the community and create customer loyalty
- Collaborate with other experts
- Empathize with small business owners
- Share your expertise and learn from other experts
- Present your results to a wide audience from the insurance industry
- A concrete blueprint and action plan for a virtual summit
- Final presentation to a wide industry audience to grow the amount of participating organizations
Dates and Times
- Introduction: Thursday, June 11th from 3 – 4 pm ET
- Wednesday, June 17th from 1 – 4 pm ET
- Friday, June 19th, from 1 – 4 pm ET
- Community Call-to-Action: TBD
What happens after the Phase II Sprint?
- Final presentation to stakeholders of the insurance industry
- Define the Virtual Summit date(s)
- Execute the action plan and launch the event
Who can join?
- Anyone from the insurance industry who wants to bring in their expertise